Friday, August 07, 2009

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.

I saw this on a blog but can't remember which one. I thought it was too funny not to post, even though I can't give credit to the blog where I saw it. There's so much going on in this sign! First the part about "for lady; man piss outside" cracked me up, but then the diagram above "don't choking" had me wondering where this sign might have been posted. If you look closely, the kneeling figure is female. See the breasts? The standing figure must be male since it has no breasts, and since the female is "choking" on... him. Too funny!

Our friends Ron & James are coming this evening for a weekend visit, so we will not be having Fri Night Dinner with 'the usual suspects'. We haven't seen Ron & James since their visit last summer, I believe. We've tried to connect during our weekends back in VA, but they weren't available. Of course we warned them about visiting during the construction, but they said they would put up with the dirt and dust to spend the weekend with us. How could we say no? This means we don't have to clean!

My friend Jared sent me this. (Click on it to enlarge.)
Jared sends me the best stuff!

Well, we've finally done it. We decided to visit our dear friends The Newlyweds in Portland, OR next month. We bought our tickets on Tuesday. Neither of The Newlyweds is able to take off work the entire week, which is perfectly fine with us, but both will likely be able to take off a few days. Spouse & I love to just walk around and explore so we will be totally fine. We are also planning to meet fellow blogger Stephen and his husband for the first time while in Portland. We're also considering a day trip or over-nighter in Seattle, WA. Any other Portlanders, Seattlers, or nearby folks with whom we should try to connect? What are the "can't miss" places?

Jared also sent me this: Rest assured our cat Pouncer will NOT be drinking any of this!
I recently read that GM has announced a new Buick plug-in hybrid. It was originally scheduled to be the 2010 Saturn Vue, but since GM sold Saturn, they are moving the technology into a new, yet unnamed Buick crossover-style vehicle.

My friend Steven sent me this:
This made me ROAR with laughter!!! Sexy indeed, Jane. God, I LOVE camp.

Wishing you all a terrific weekend.

Crush du Jour: Danny Teeson

4 comments:

Roger said...

One of my favorites in Portland is the Rose Garden. Regards to Jamie and Michael.

Steve said...

Hope you have a nice weekend with your guests !

behrmark said...

LMFAO @ the Blanche/Jane funny. And drooling @ crush du jour. Grrrr. Enjoy the weekend! Behr Hugs!

cb said...

I wonder if that stuff tastes like pussy... or fish.