Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.


My friend Mike sent me this: My 1st thought was about the ugly chair.


As a follow-up to this post, I took my receipt and the lid from the exploded Pyrex bowl to the customer service counter and asked to get another to replace it. The returns lady asked me where the broken glass was. I looked at her for a few seconds, blinked my eyelashes in disbelief, and replied "in the trashcan". She said she couldn't allow the exchange without the broken glass. I said "It exploded into thousands of shards. I swept them up and threw them away." She said she'd have to call a manager, which she did. I explained to the manager that the glass exploded into thousands of shards, and that I wasn't asking for a refund; just a replacement. The manager immediately said "That's fine" and smiled. I was relieved to NOT have to fight with her.


My friend and frequent contributor Jared sent me the following funnies:










Check out this video. I found it fascinating!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend.

9 comments:

behrmark said...

Love the "Jesus hung out with 12 guys and a prostitute" sign...how true is that!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the 12 guys and a prostitute is something I bring up frequently when the anti-gay bigots start up. I ask them to try to reach back and think like Jesus, would he have been so fire and brimstone against gay people? I think the answer is No.

And that video clip at the end, he does a good set of talks on TED. It's all due to what could be called data visualization. And some fascinating things pop out using that methodology.

cb said...

I really like the "brown skined free health care giver" one.

And the sake one.

tornwordo said...

The badass poster is hilarious. Thanks, I just sent it to my brother.

anne marie in philly said...

yep, you're gay. I wanna do the guy in the chair, so I guess I'm not gay. I didn't even notice the stupid chair.

Bob said...

Loved the Christ's sake!
i imagine it was served at the Last Dim Sum Supper.

John Going Gently said...

jared should have a blog of his own

Ron said...

I too loved the "Jesus hung out with 12 guys and a prostitute."
Yet another enjoyable, imaginative post.
P.S.

I liked the Badass poster too.

BosGuy said...

I love your friend Mike's pic that he sent. I guess I'm definitely gay since I thought the guy was cute and the chair was hideous.