Friday, January 21, 2011

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget yet too small to be their own post.

My pal Jared sent me this wacky photo.

Wed I picked up Big Ella from the garage, but also had to drop off Spouse's PT Cruiser. When it rains (and you're unemployed), it pours. Big Ella passed the safety inspection this time and I was in and out of the DMV in under 10 minutes with a 2-year renewal. The reason I left Spouse's car at the garage is because it recently developed a wicked wobble in the rear end. Turned out that 1 of the rear tires had a huge bulge (and not the good kind). We wound up having to get 2 new rear tires.

My friend Mike sent me this video. This guy's upper body strength is amazing!

Spouse didn't have the best Weight Watchers week; he gained 1/2 of lb. But he wasn't crushed by it. He knew that he over-indulged a few times and then tried to make up for it by starving himself, which doesn't work. Fortunately he kept this in context and continues to look at the bigger picture.

Here's wishing everyone a great weekend!

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

Reminds me of the bank I see in Provincetown each summer:

http://www.seamensbank.com/

Ron said...

I'm glad Big Ella passed! She's a special lady.