Monday, January 24, 2011

An award

Normally on Monday's my posts are called 'Weekend highlights' and I share our weekend activities. But this past weekend we just didn't do anything. I went to real estate school on Sat & Sun. Spouse went to the ghetto gym both mornings, went to the grocery store, and just hung out at home. We ate dinner at home both nights and watched TV. That's it. Spouse said it was "too cold" to go anywhere.

So, since our weekend highlights were summed up in a single paragraph, I'll share with you a lovely award I received: "Stylish Blogger Award". Since I've devoted my life to being stylish, you can imagine perfectly giddy I was to receive this! The conditions upon which one accepts the "Stylish Blogger Award" are as follows:
  1. Thank and link back to the blogger that bestowed upon you this high honor
  2. Share 7 things about yourself readers may/may not know
  3. Grant the award to 5 others

I received this award from my personal friend and fellow blogger Ron who's blog is entitled Retired in Delaware. Thank you, Ron!! Now for the 7 things:

  1. When I was a child and teenager my hair was extremely blond. It was kind of strange because my 3 siblings and both my parents all have brown hair. I remember that when I became aware that I was the only 1 in the family with blond hair I asked my mother if I was adopted. She laughed and said 'No', but I think a lot of things would make more sense if I were adopted.
  2. Although I enjoy cocktails a great deal, I rarely drink at home. The only exception is when we have weekend guests and we have cocktails at home. But when its just the 2 of us here, I rarely drink at home. Spouse doesn't drink at all and I find it sort of sad to drink at home by myself. It sure is a lot cheaper to drink at home though!
  3. I feel very confident about my career change. I don't expect to be anything but successful. This is significant to me because there is usually a good bit of uncertainty and nervousness associated with changing careers. But I am so sure that this is the right direction for me I do not feel nervous. I just wish I could finish my courses more quickly and get started.
  4. I do not have an iTunes account or an iPod. I have an mp3 player I loaded with music from our CD collection and I listen to it mostly at the gym.
  5. When I was a kid I was given black olives and nearly gagged from the taste. I decided I hated olives of all sorts and didn't eat them for about 30 years. Then it became popular to see olive assortments at cocktail parties and I decided to try some of them. I discovered that I loved kalamata olives, green olives stuffed with garlic, and green olives stuffed with jalapenos. Now I always have a jar of kalamata olives in the fridge.
  6. I've been told by more than 1 person that I'm a good kisser.
  7. Sometimes I'm surprised at how well things work out when I take my own advice. If I get worried or upset about something I sometimes ask myself what would I tell someone else who was going through this. Then I follow my own advice and things usually work out well.

Now for the 5 truly stylish bloggers to whom I will bestow the "Stylish Blogger Award":

  1. cb at the Mangina Monologues
  2. Kevin at The Lisp
  3. Marc at Deep Dish
  4. David at Another Mile Marker
  5. Lewis at Spirit of Saint Lewis

3 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

#6 - good kisser, eh? I gotta check that out! pucker up!

congrats; seems like all my fave blogs are capturing this award. and I have discovered ron's blog, although I have not yet left a comment.

Deep Dish said...

Thanks for the sweet award, mister! I don't think anyone has ever described me as "stylish" before. :)

Ron said...

Seven things about Mark.....very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Yes, you definitely have style. I don't think anyone who knows you would disagree with that assessment.

I had a similar experience to your "olive" experience. When I was very young I overdosed on Maraschino cherries. Just to look at them now makes me nauseous.