Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Blue and orange

No, this post is not about Howard Johnsons.

Today I've had the post-holiday blues. I just didn't feel like doing anything, and I felt a little depressed. I'm sure its nothing to worry about and will hopefully be gone tomorrow.

So rather than dwell on my blues, I'll share with you my orange... my recipe for the orange cranberry bundt cake I made for Joe P's retirement party.

Prepare a box yellow cake mix according to the instructions EXCEPT:

  • substitute orange juice for the water
  • add 2 dashes of orange extract
  • add 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
  • add 4 ounces dried cranberries

Pour batter into a greased bundt ban and bake. Once cool, remove cake from pan and glaze with a confectioner sugar and warm water glaze.

This cake is super easy and super delicious! If you give this a try, please let me know how you like it.

7 comments:

A Lewis said...

Yummy! That sounds amazing. I can even picture a piece of it placed under the broiler until just a bit browned...then smeared with cream cheese and toasted nuts and then a drizzling of grand marnier cream.....

wcs said...

Looks yummy!

Nik_TheGreek said...

Looks nice. I'll write it down to give it a try...

Anonymous said...

I'm posting later today my making of your eggnog bunt cake - it was great. I did have problems with the glaze I used can you share the measurement?

I was really glad to see the recipe for the orange bunt and will make that very soon.

anne marie in philly said...

looks yummy...thanks, suzie homemaker (smooches)!

Ron said...

I can taste it now Mark. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Anonymous said...

That's the Orange and Blue to you! My old alma maters alternative school newspaper.