Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget yet too small to be their own post.

My friend and frequent contributor Jared sent me this, which gave me a chuckle.
Spouse has reached another Weight Watchers milestone: 75 lbs lost. Even after some splurging on our cruise and Thanksgiving in Nov, and multiple parties and Christmas and New Years Even in Dec, he's continuing to work the program and lose weight. He looks terrific and I'm very proud of him!

Its been over a week since I dropped off Big Ella at the garage and I'd not heard anything from them so I called today. I took it in because the brake lights weren't working and I heard an odd whirring sound whenever I press the gas pedal. They said the lights were fixed (loose wiring again) and the whirring sound was the generator which has gone bad again. Fortunately the generator installed a year ago carried a 3-year warranty so I won't have to pay for it. They've ordered a new one and will let me know next week when Big Ella is ready to be picked up.

My friend Jared sent me this as well, entitled Chicken Barbie. I'm not sure I get it, but think its funny anyway.

Have you heard about the new sign they're trying to add to the zodiac? Apparently all the existing dates are being shortened and a new sign Ophiuchus is being added. Since my birthday is Dec 7 I am in the new sign. I thought this article offered a comical explanation.

2 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

the chicken has a barbie doll head.

chicken. barbie. make sense now?

silly boy!

Pinecone Stew said...

Chicken Barbie is HOT!!!!