Thursday, May 31, 2012

Rehearsal

I was off work today and scheduled some time for a rehearsal for the new season of the Legends show.  I am doing 1 of my Legends from last year, Neil Sedaka, and getting a new Legend to impersonate: Elton John!  

My medley of songs includes Your Song, Bitch is Back, Crocodile Rock, and Philadelphia Freedom, all of which were placed on an mp3 player for rehearsal at home.  Today I got an opportunity to sing through my medley at the Blue Moon, with a mic, with the background tracks so I could get a good feel for it.  It went well and I'm feeling confident about my upcoming 1st performance.

We're also doing a new finale song this year, our take on Gloria Gaynor's disco version of How High The Moon, a tongue-in-cheek nod to the place where we perform, the Blue Moon.

Today I also tried on for the 1st time my Elton John costume.  Oh Em Gee... can you say "over the top"???  Its completely covered in sequins and probably weighs 25 pounds.  

And then there's the shoes...


Its going to be fabulous!!

No comments: