Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.

Last evening Jeni and her friend arrived a little after 5.  We sat on the screened porch and visited for a while, then came inside because it started to get chilly.  It was a great day for their 75 mile bike ride and they had a lot of fun.  Shortly before 8pm Tristan and his friend arrived with their luggage so Jeni and her friend could shower and change clothes.  Then we walked to Agave and enjoyed marvelous margaritas and great guacamole.  It was really fun!  Today Spouse & I went to work while our 4 visitors explored the local area, took naps, and walked to the beach and back.

Tonight I am singing a song in the Blue Moon Divas show in order to promote the Rehoboth Idol singing contest.  I'm singing "Its Too Late" by Carole King, one of the songs I sang in last year's competition.  Spouse is bringing our 4 visitors to the show to hear me sing.

I saw this on facebook and had to share it:

Spouse has been checking the local SPCA website a lot lately and telling me about dogs he's seen there.  This is making me feel like he's ready to consider adopting another dog.  Jordan went to heaven 6 months ago, we've enjoyed the 'freedom' of not having to be home at a certain time, but I think he misses the love and companionship of a dog.  A few weeks ago he suggested a bassett hound named Buster but I reminded him that bassetts are hard dogs to keep because they are prone to health issues.  This week he showed me an 8-year old female Chihuahua mix named Suzie.  Today he showed me a 1-year old male Chihuahua named Marvin.  I guess we'll see where this goes.

Here's wishing all of you a FUN and SAFE weekend!

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

damn, I bet you were spectacular on "it's too late"!