Monday, March 14, 2011

Weekend highlights

Fri night we had our weekly dinner with 'the usual suspects'. Spouse got a ride home with Steven & Thad because dinner ran late which put me late getting to an art show featuring my friend Michael Sprouse's work. In fact, when I arrived there were only 2 cars in the lot; those of Michael and his partner George. Although the lights were off, I saw movement inside so I knocked on the glass doors. They let me in and I looked at the pieces that did not sell and we talked a bit. I apologized for being late but explained that I thought more people would be there toward the end than at the beginning of the show. As I got back in the car my friend Scott texted me and suggested I meet him at the Blue Moon for Divas Show, so I agreed. We talked a bit and watched the show together. He works at home too so sometimes he feels the need to 'get out of the house' even though his partner wants to stay home. Scott and I definitely have that in common.

Sat morning got to enjoy my favorite Sat morning routine: watch back-to-back episodes of "Sell This House" and drink coffee in my bathrobe. Since I was in real estate school in Jan & Feb and the 1st Sat in Mar, this was the 1st time I'd been able to indulge in this simple pleasure since before Christmas. While I was doing that, Spouse went to gym. When we returned we went for a walk on the boardwalk, stopped in at a few stores on the way home, and picked up some needed groceries. We had a late lunch, then I spent some time on the computer while Spouse took a nap. I spread some weed & feed on the lawn, and then we got ready to go to our friend Pete's birthday dinner at Nage. Pete & Alex live in PA but decided to spend Pete's birthday weekend at the beach so they invited their friends from PA & DC to join them (and us locals) for dinner. There were 18 of us and we had a great time. The food was terrific, and instead of a birthday cake, 1 of the guys made 5 homemade pies for dessert! I couldn't believe we were there for nearly 4 hours.

Spouse & I had a leisurely Sun morning, then went with Steven & Thad to BJ's wholesale club. We don't have a membership so we occasionally enjoy going with them. Afterward we hung out at their house where Spouse tried to make chocolate chip cookies using a George Foreman grill! A little later we had a tasty Mexican dinner at La Tonalteca, then tried to walk off some of the guilt and calories on the boardwalk and around town. It was fun to hang out most of the day with our buddies. That evening we just relaxed and watched TV.

It was my 1st full weekend without having to drive up north to real estate school, and we had a great weekend.

No comments: