Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Its a date

Yesterday I scheduled my taking of the state and national board exam for real estate licensure!

Now that I've passed the 3 finals and will 'graduate' from real estate school this coming Sat, I am eligible to take the combined state and national board exam. I scheduled it for next Tues, Mar 8 at 8am.

It is administered at a testing facility about 45 minutes away and the instructions on the website indicate that everyone must arrive 30 minutes prior to the start time of the test for check-in. Check-in includes submitting my passing certificate from school, reviewing and making copies of my 2 forms of ID, and checking to make sure I have nothing in my pockets or on my person that could allow me to cheat. Seriously, you're not even allowed to take a wallet into the testing area.

So, the test begins at 8:00 but I have to be there by 7:30. It takes 45 minutes to get there so I'll need to leave by 6:45. I guess I'll get up at 6:00 to allow time for a shower and a cup of coffee.

The exam is taken on a computer, so there's no filling in of 'bubbles' like in the olden days. It is a combined exam, meaning the single exam contains questions common to real estate agents in all states and questions specific to DE state law. There is a maximum of 80 multiple choice questions covering general real estate principles, real estate law, and real estate math. Once a passing score/percentage has been reached the exam will end, even if all 80 questions haven't been administered. A maximum of 4 hours is allowed, but most people I've talked to have indicated it took them less than 2 hours.

Possibly the best part of the exam is that immediately upon completion of the exam I will know for sure that I've passed. No excruciating waiting for results!!!

My mission this week: STUDY!

2 comments:

Bob said...

I'll have fingers crossed in Smallville!

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Have you thought about going up the night before and staying in a hotel?