Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.

This week I organized the tax refund info and sent it all to the accountant. Today he emailed me with our refund totals and I believe I emitted an audible squeal! Those refunds will come in very handy to pay bills until I start making money. He's e-filing for us this year so our returns were electronically submitted today.

My friend Jared didn't disappoint with this timely cartoon.

A friend posted this on Facebook and I just had to share it with you all. Oh how I love cheese!
About 2 weeks ago or so I was looking through a local publication and noticed a large ad for an independent mortgage company, along with names and photos of the people who work there. I recognized 1 of the names as a guy I'd met about 15 years ago doing volunteer work. Sure enough, when I looked at his photo I could tell it was Joey. Since the place is just a few miles from our house I drove over there and asked to see him. I introduced myself and told him that I'd seen the mortgage company ad and remembered him from our volunteer days. We exchanged emails and made plans to meet for lunch today. Now that I am becoming a realtor, its great to have a friend in the mortgage business who had access to several lenders and can recommend just the right mortgage option to my future clients. But the best part was the fact that he's just a really nice guy. I can see us doing social things together in the future too.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like this thought about cheese,so cute!