Wednesday, January 30, 2008

8 things (again)

I posted this last week and would hope others would post this meme on their blogs without being specifically 'tagged', but I was wrong. So I'm posting it again and 'tagging' you bitches!

I saw something like this on another blog, but decided to 'spice it up' a little before adding it here.

8 things

Post 8 random things/facts/habits about yourself.
At least 1 thing must be childhood-related.
At least 1 thing must be vehicle-related.
At least 1 thing must be sex-related.
At least 1 thing must be clothing-related.
The other 4 things are wildcards - completely up to you.
Bloggers should write a post on their own blog about their 8 things, along with the rules above, and have fun with it! I'm 'tagging' Shirley Heezgay and Tornwordo from Sticky Crows.
  1. Even as a small kid I was so outgoing I would leave my mother in the grocery store and walk up to strangers and start conversations with them.
  2. The 1st car I drove was a celery green 1979 Chevrolet Chevette. It was totalled in 1981 and replaced by my parents with yet another dorky Chevette. The 2nd one was bronze.
  3. I can count on 1 hand the number of people with whom I've had sex.
  4. I began working part-time in a men's clothing store during my senior year in high school. Later I worked full-time in clothing stores for a few years. I had an amazing wardrobe by age 23.
  5. For a while I wore colored contact lenses to make my grey/blue eyes look green.
  6. I am a real estate junkie, but do not want to be a real estate agent. Instead, I would like to renovate dilapidated, ugly, outdated homes into modern, functional, neighborhood-appropriate homes. For me its all about turning something undesirable into something desirable.
  7. I am completed inspired by and in love with Ella Fitzgerald. I believe she is one of the few real musical geniuses of the 20th century.
  8. I enjoy spending time with people who are like me, but also enjoy people who are not like me. It is my endeavor to have friends who are retired, artists, drag queens, non-caucasion, famous, intelligent, funny, and single.
Crush du Jour: Robert Gant

4 comments:

joe*to*hell said...

kudos for spicing it up. those things ae always so dry

so, what was the men;s clothing store??????

to defend my lack of involvement.....i would happily oblige if tagged. but i am the kid who never put his hand up, but always had the answer if the teacher called on him. i dont volunteer.

Anonymous said...

oh alright.

i'll whip this one up real good. i'll have to think of my spiciest things....hmmmm...i think i already have at least two!

S.B. said...

I love Ella too. But my FAV is Nina Simone. Love her.

oh, did you see Robert Gant on Nip/Tuck last week. Funny storyline.

tornwordo said...

I just did one! Sheesh. These things are work, lol.