Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Work out update: weeks 9 & 10

Looks like I forgot to give a work out update last week. I guess that's because I was so excited about the film festival.

I can't recall anything special or unusual about last week's work out. I do remember that it was a combo work out, meaning we did both lower and upper body.

This week's work out was really great! Rick complimented me on showing 'real definition' in my triceps. He said it was somewhat unusual for a person like me who'd never worked out before and has only been working out for 2 months. After asking him to kindly show me where my triceps were, I thanked him for the compliment and suggested that my biceps needed to catch up. (Yes, I do know what a bicep is. After all, I am gay! What gay man doesn't know what a bicep is?)

So then Rick had me do 2 different exercises to work on my biceps. I was actually a little sore the next day, which surprised me. I've gotten to the point where I'm not usually sore the next day like I used to be.

Then I did some leg work, and ended with the floor exercises. After the dreaded 'legs straight up in the air and reach for the ceiling', Rick told me to 'elbows and knees'.

Usually he tells me to do a specific number of 'elbows and knees', like 40 or 60. I do them, rest for a bit, and then he asks for another set. This week he didn't specify how many, so I just started doing them and he counted them out loud. I did 100 and decided to stop and rest.

He complimented me and asked if I'd been practicing them at home. I told him no, but that I found 'elbows and knees' to be a lot easier than 'legs straight up in the air and reach for the ceiling'. He said its because my hamstrings are too tight, which makes sense.

After the short conversation break he told me to do another set and to keep going until I needed to stop. I pumped out a 2nd set of 100 and Rick seemed genuinely surprised. I was a little surprised myself, but more proud.

Drag Queen name of the day: Bea Reasonable

No comments: