Monday, November 19, 2007

Coverage

Is it just me, or is anyone else absolutely sick of the media's coverage of presidential race already, still a year away from the election?

Every single night you turn on any of the "news" (and I use that term loosely) channels like CNN or MSNBC you see a program with a panel of people talking about the candidates. Every night! And this has already been going on for 6 months. The election is a full year away. Do we not have time between now and a year from now for all this blathering?

What really gets to me is that none of these panel speakers on these shows has anything new or definitive to say. They blather on about 'Hillary is the front runner' and 'can Obama ever catch up' but none of them have the ability to answer the questions.

Speaking of which, even the candidates aren't answering the questions right now. They know its too soon to tell the public where they stand on the important issues because it leaves too much time for them to possibly contradict themselves between now and a year from now when the election happens. They don't want to 'put their cards on the table' just yet, for fear of alienating some fraction of voters.

I am already sick of it. Spouse seems to be able to endure the nightly blathering but I am no longer willing to do so. I'm going to have to ask him to turn the channel or I will watch TV elsewhere. Its sad to think that politics could come between us!

Work out update: week 11
I had another combo work out (upper and lower body) this week, but Rick had me do several new exercises I'd not done before. I like this because it delivers a better balanced work out and it keeps me from getting bored. However, he upped the weight on some of the regular exercises, causing me to grunt and struggle more than usual. He called it a "good" work out. I was dead tired when I got home.

Drag Queen name of the day: Kay Mart

1 comment:

Dennis Wayne Morgan Photography said...

I have been sick of it for some time.