Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Honey or vinegar

Surely you've heard the saying "You catch more flies with honey than vinegar".  The point is that you have a greater chance of persuading someone to do something if you are polite and complimentary rather than confrontational.  Its all about the presentation.

This old saying came to mind when I saw this new, sexy ad called "Knowing", which advocates HIV testing and knowing your status.  Unlike the old HIV testing ads which were clinical, 'matter of fact', and maybe evoked a little fear of not knowing, this ad takes a very humanistic approach to HIV testing, in my opinion.

I have a feeling this type of ad will be much more effective than the old, clinical style ads.  What do you think??


3 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

I'll watch the dude in the commercial, he's pretty sexay!

Ur-spo said...

Interesting: I wonder if it will succeed in getting people to do the test.

BosGuy said...

I like the video too. I posted it during world AIDS day earlier this year.