Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas plans

Last night Spouse & I arrived at his mom's house at 9:30.  I was nervous how Marvin would get along with Spouse's mom's dog since Marvin didn't get along well with his brother's dog at Thanksgiving.  After a bit of desensitization Marvin tolerated being around Romeo, a 5 month old puppy who wanted nothing more than to play.

This morning I drove out to my cousin Nez's house to spend the day with her and her husband.  I was very happily surprised to find my aunt Rosie there!  I haven't seen her in a few years and she had some rather serious health issues earlier this summer, so it was really good to see her feeling/doing well again.  We had a very relaxed, easy visit talking and laughing.

Very shortly Spouse & I are heading over to his sister's house for Christmas eve and his mom's birthday.  We'll have food, his mom will open her birthday presents, and we'll have birthday cake... all on Christmas eve!

Tomorrow we'll hang out at his mom's house in the morning, then I'll pick up my aunt Mary and we'll all go back over to Spouse's sister's house for Christmas dinner and exchanging gifts.

On Thurs we will meet up with Kerry & Hugh, Kelly, George, and Lisa for our traditional Christmas luncheon which consists of pizza and hippie rolls.  (A hippie roll is an Italian sausage sliced in half length-wise with sauted onions and green peppers, wrapped in pizza dough and baked to a golden brown... delicious!)  Afterward we'll drop Spouse's mom off at her house, pick up Marvin and our luggage, and head on home.  

We'll see quite a few friends and family during our 3-day visit for Christmas!

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

hmmmm, never heard of hippie rolls; my spouse would like them. I don't like sausage (the non-human kind anyway, tee hee!).