Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday fragments


Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget yet too small to be their own post.  Let's get started.

There's been a lot going on in the US regarding marriage equality.  Prop 8 which reversed marriage equality in CA was recently ruled to be unconstitutional, WA state signed a marriage equality bill, the NJ legislature approved marriage equality although Governor Christie vetoed it, and MD will be the next state to obtain marriage equality.  Hurray!!!  And here in DE civil unions went into effect in Jan, but an initiative is getting started to obtain marriage equality in the future.
 
I was off yesterday and by chance the weather was amazing:  66 degrees and sunny, on Feb 23rd!  I had a few errands to run so I put the top down on the SLK and enjoyed the spring-like weather.  It felt glorious!

One of my errands was to look for new shoes.  I stumbled upon a buy-1-get-1-half-off deal so I got 2 pairs, a cool pair of black European slip-ons and some white athletic shoes.  At the Tommy Hilfiger factory store I checked out the clearance area and scored with a long sleeve button up shirt (perfect for work) and a light-weight v-neck sweater, for $14.99 each!  So that makes 2 pairs of shoes, a shirt and a sweater for under $70.

I saw this on Facebook and had to share it.
You know who you are...

Last night we had dinner with Deb & Greer and Bob & Michael at the famous Brick Hotel and restaurant.  Its a historic inn that now runs as a hotel with a terrific restaurant.  We all enjoyed our meals very much.  I had gnocchi with spinach in a goat cheese cream sauce - YUM!  Spouse had seared tuna and shrimp over vegetable risotto.  As always, we had a wonderful time with our dinner companions.

I want a t-shirt with this on it:

I am working both days this coming weekend and have appointments with 3 different buyers.  Let's hope its a productive weekend at work.  I hope all of you have a FUN weekend!

1 comment:

cb said...

But what if I enjoy my phone's company more?