Thursday, January 29, 2009

Interview

The Interview

Hello Mark,
Here are your interview questions:

1. Since you are so happily “married” to Spouse, what is one dating nightmare from your single lady days? What advice can you give to the single folks? I look at you as a relationship role model.
Nightmare: Years before meeting Spouse, I began dating a nice guy who invited me to spend the weekend with him at the beach. After spending the entire day on the beach, we showered and headed to happy hour before dinner. I made the mistake of drinking vodka on an empty stomach and got completely smashed. We staggered to dinner where I could barely focus on the menu. Then, with no warning at all, I puked all over the white table cloth. So romantic!

My advice to single folk is to be yourself. Nobody wants to get interested in a fake version of you that is impossible for you to maintain. Be kind, be polite, and be yourself.

Thank you for the generous 'role model' compliment!

2. Do you have a favorite artist? Why? What piece drew you to them? What is your favorite work of that person?
I will preface this by saying I really don't know anything about art. I've never been inspired by the great artists studied in school. But I do like Kandinsky. This poster "Squares with Concentric Rings" hangs in our TV room, and I was drawn to the bright colors and use of geometric shapes.


3. I love your taste in cars. If money were no object, what car would you buy for Spouse, or yourself?
Thank you. If money were no object I would buy Spouse an old, restored Mercedes convertible, in white. He loves white cars, and really loves the 'old school' Mercedes.

And for me, I've already got my 'dream car'. But I'd give Big Ella the $20K paint job she deserves.

4. I like this question: If you could go to lunch with any three people, who would you go with? Why?
I'm assuming this includes ANY three people, currently alive or dead. First I'd pick Ella Fitzgerald because she's my absolute all-time favorite singer. I consider her to be a musical genius, which is a term I don't use for many others. She was also quite modest despite her enormous fame and popularity. She was always grateful to her audiences for coming to hear her sing.
Next I'd pick Bette Midler because she's very funny and creative. Her concerts are really 'performances'. I always crack up when watching any of her movies. I also like that she is environmentally conscious.
And finally, I'd pick Bette Davis because she lived during the glamorous 1940s, she always seemed to have an elegance about her, and she learned how to fight and win the hard way.

5. What is, in your opinion, the best invention ever? How would you make it better?
I guess I'd have to say the internet. Because of it we have access to everything. We can read a book, watch a movie, research a topic, look at pictures of a foreign country, send email, and interact with a community of friends located anywhere in the world. I can't think of how to make it better, but I imagine Bill Gates can/will.

Have fun with it.

There you have it! Want to be interviewed? Just follow these instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions I've selected just for you.
3. You will post the interview questions and answers on your blog.
4. You must link back to the original post and also to your interviewer's post.
5. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
6. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Crush du Jour: Ricardo Martinez

5 comments:

Nico said...

LOL @ the dating nightmare. I bet the poor guy still remembers it.

Joy said...

Interesting answers. Yes, that dating nightmare really was! I agree with you about the internet.

Anonymous said...

I still remember one of the first times I read your blog, you were having a bad day and forgot to turn on the pressure cooker and spouse made a comment. But still you have him. Great answers. My three would be Whoopi, Bette and Roz Russell.

Rick said...

I love that white Mercedes as well. But I'm quite fond of Big Ella too. I'm anxious to see it painted one day. Will it be the original color?

Casillas said...

Hi

I read this post 2 times. It is very useful.

Pls try to keep posting.

Let me show other source that may be good for community.

Source: Costco interview questions

Best regards
Jonathan.