Friday, August 24, 2007

Weather change

Last Sat morning the temperature and humidity were so low that we turned off the a/c and opened the windows. They've been open for an entire week now.

Quite unusual for mid-Aug in the Mid-Atlantic! But you don't hear me complaining, because the longer the a/c stays off, the lower our electric bill will be.

I'm always amused at how quickly gay men seem to react to weather changes. Tues evening as we walked down Rehoboth Ave we saw gay men in their trendy sweatshirts and sweaters! I mean, come on! It was probably still 72 degrees. I heard someone suggest that "it was a short summer this year". I just shook my head.

I also remember years ago being in DuPont Circle on one of the first warm days in March or April, seeing gay men walk by in their cargo shorts and flip flops. Is it because gay men always want to be on the cusp of something different/new? I just find it amusing, whatever the reason.

Today the weather has returned to closer to typical Aug. The humidity is evident and the expected high temperature today is supposed to be 88 degrees, and 90 tomorrow. Oh no, summer isn't over yet, and I thank god for that. I haven't had enough days on the beach just yet.

I love a good Indian Summer when the temperature stretches up into the 60s or even 70 in Oct. That guy in the yellow fleece jacket in the convertible with the top down? Yep, that's me.

Heading back to DC for the weekend.

Drag Queen name of the day: Ida Foundout

No comments: