Thursday, August 30, 2007

Coco's show

Last night's Coco Peru performance was fantastic! I got to the Blue Moon early to be sure I'd get a good spot in line. With my cocktail in hand, I anxiously waited for the doors to the 'theatre' to open. When they did, I was like the 6th or 7th person in!

The left front row was taken by several of Coco's relatives who'd come from NY to see the show. The right front row was taken by the 5 or 6 guys who came in before me. I could have sat on the far right of the front row, but I preferred to sit near the center so I chose the center isle seat on the 2nd row. The 'theatre' was small enough that it really didn't matter if I sat in the 1st or 2nd row, really. Every seat was a good one.

Every seat was taken and I believe they even let some folks in for 'standing room only'. Then the music came on and Coco entered the stage from behind a black curtain. She looked GORGEOUS!
The show lasted about 75 minutes and included some of her most hilarious content from the "Wisecrack" comedy special on Logo, plus lots of new content I'd not heard before. And who knew that Miss Coco Peru could sing??? I didn't, until last night. She cooed and crooned to the transfixed audience with several songs in which some of the lyrics had been 'customized' for comic affect. The audience responded appreciatively with thunderous applause, whistling, and hollering! It was a truly entertaining show.

Drag Queen name of the day: Sue Nora Later

No comments: