Friday, March 21, 2014

This is Wholesome

"No matter how things change, what makes us wholesome never will."  - Honey Maid website.

With that in mind Honey Maid, makers of the graham crackers I grew up eating, decided to make a series of videos called "This is Wholesome". My favorite is this one which features a 'wholesome' gay couple enjoying s'mores with their son, and talking about what it means to be a family.
Although the conservative and unenlightened would portray gay people defective and mentally unstable, this video presents a very different story, one that I personally believe to be much more common.  You can view all the "This is Wholesome" videos here.

Although I expect there will be some backlash from the "christian" "right" (quotations used to imply sarcasm, since the Christian right is neither), I applaud Honey Maid for including this family in their "This is Wholesome" video series.

Oh, and have you ever tried a Honey Maid graham cracker with cream cheese on it?  Fabulous!!

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

no, never have. now I want some!