Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The blues


"What I've got they used to call the blues
Nothin' is really wrong
Feelin' like I don't belong
Walkin' around, some kind of lonely clown
Rainy days and Mondays always get me down"


Suddenly, without any warning, and seemingly without any reason, today I've got the blues.  Just like the lyrics to this beautiful but haunting song, nothing is really wrong.  Yet, nothing seems particularly right today.

Its not depression.  I've known depression and hopelessness before.  Fortunately not recently, as those were symptoms of years of repressed feelings in my case.  Once I came out 20 years ago those feelings went away.

No, this is something different.  What I've got they used to call the blues.  No need to talk it out.  We know what its all about.

No need to worry, as I'm sure it will pass.

No comments: