Friday, March 07, 2014

Continuing ed

Thursdays are normally my day off.  However, yesterday I spent the entire day and most of the evening in continuing education classes.

As a Realtor, I have to take 21 hours of continuing education (that's 7 3-hour classes) every 2 years in order to renew my license.  Each class must be from a different module.  7 classes in 2 years.  Really, that's not so bad.  Only I didn't bother to take any of them until recently.

My brokerage offered 2 classes in Jan that were free, so I took both of them.  Then Wed of this week I took another free course offered by another brokerage, and then yesterday I had 3 classes in 1 day.  9am-noon, 1-4pm, and 6-9pm.  That made for a looooooong day.

But the courses were interesting which really helped.  3 of them were taught by attorneys and 1 was taught by a broker.  They were about Code of Ethics, the legalities of our standard agreement of sale, and risk management.

So now I have just 1 class left to take, and about 6 weeks left to take it.  Hopefully I will find the module I need soon so I can take it and not have to think about it any more.  Then I'll be done for the next 2 years.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Real Estate agents need CE? Damnation - last place I did CE type stuff was when I worked in InfoSec.

Anonymous said...

Why is it that we always leave re-cert to the last minute? Our teachers go nuts the 6 months before their licenses expire! I just let all my certs go a few years ago since they're not required any more.

Peace <3
Jay

Anonymous said...

Have you looked online? Here's a link to just one site: http://www.theceshop.com/online-education/delaware/real-estate/broker-and-sales-license/continuing-education/courses.html but there seem to be others via my quick Google search.

Ur-spo said...

Education is never a waste.

Travel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Travel said...

Florida allows correspondence courses for continuing education, a 30 question, open book exam. Last time I did it entirely online. I've have a brokers license in Florida since 1980.