Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Tonight's the night

I've been having severe sinus pain and congestion since Sun.

I started taking a generic form of Mucinex-D (same active ingredients, just a lower dosage) on Mon and Tues but it just didn't help enough. So last night I broke down and bought the full-on, non-generic Claritan-D which is helping.

But I'm far from being over it. I'm still quite congested and I feel like I have earplugs in my ears.

But I absolutely can NOT surrender to it because tonight's the night of the Rehoboth Idol singing contest finale! In fact, I have not 1 but 2 songs to perform tonight in the hopes of winning the $1000. cash prize, the coveted title of Rehoboth Idol 2011, and the opportunity to get paid to sing in future Blue Moon shows.

Tonight's theme is disco and my selection is "Night Fever" by the Bee Gees. I've even put together a disco-ish costume and some disco moves since stage presence is my weakest judging category.

My 2nd selection (any genre) is "Its Too Late" by Carole King because its kind of soulful and tells a story.

I hope my decongestant and voice don't give out on me. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Ron said...

The show must go on! I didn't realize you were in the finals. Good luck! I hope you win. When you become rich and famous don't forget who your friends were on the way up.