Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of items too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.

Big Ella & I participated in 3 local Christmas parades and received trophies for our participation. Here is the trophy from the Milton Christmas parade.
I'm thinking about using some of the leftover wood from the addition to make a shelf in the garage to display Big Ella's trophies and plaques.

Today I cleaned the entire house again. Man, do I miss having a housekeeper! But after 4 hours the house is clean and tidy. We're having company on Sun, and we'll be gone alot tomorrow so I decided to tackle the housecleaning today.

I got this from my friend Jared, who always supplies me with funny stuff.

I got this from my good friend Kathryn, and it made me laugh out loud!

Spouse went for his weigh in last night and lost 1 lb. Considering all the food-related holidays and events this time of year, I'm proud that he's still losing weight and not gaining. His total weight loss now is 72 lbs. He says "none of my clothes fit anymore".

I got my hair cut yesterday. I told the guy to cut it 'pretty short' because I like how low-maintenance short hair is, and because the last time I got my hair cut really short, I received lots of compliments on it.And truth be told, shorter hair also takes a few years off most people, and since I had a birthday this week, I thought I could stand to lose a few years.

My friend Wendy sent me the following photo, which I found to be sweet. An abandoned dog took shelter in a nativity scene with the baby Jesus.

How funny is it that the dog is a German 'Shepherd'. (Giggles)

2 comments:

A Lewis said...

Would this be a good time for me to tell you that it takes an hour or less for us to whiz through the cleaning of our teeny tiny little 881 square foot condominium?

wcs said...

Happy Birthday! And the hair looks good. I need a cut and I'm thinking shorter, too.