Thursday, August 28, 2008

Funny Coco and funny Olympic moments

Last night's Coco Peru show at the Blue Moon did not disappoint!

Coco explained the title 'Ugly Coco', which delighted me to no end since I'd been wondering about it. As it turns out, Coco was watching an episode of 'Ugly Betty' (God only knows why) and found that a childhood experience of hers which used to be in her show somehow found its way into the script of that 'Ugly Betty' episode. This, of course, turned Coco into Ugly Coco, and for good reason.

Coco's all-new material was thought-provoking at times, tender at times, but HILARIOUS all the time! I particularly loved the parts about having sushi for lunch with Bea Arthur, and spending the weekend in Atlantic City with Liza Minnelli. I laughed so hard I had laryngitis when I got home. It was a fantastic show and I highly recommend going out of your way to see her live show.

Also, get "Trick", "Girls Will Be Girls", "Boy Meets Boy", and Logo's "Wisecrack", all available from Netflix.

What? Don't have Netflix? Can't wait for the films to arrive? Then go to YouTube and check out some of Coco's funny clips. You'll be glad you did.

And speaking of funny stuff, my friend Wayne sent me these funny 'Olympic moments' photos.
Who knew Jesus was a wrestler? Hmm, looks like he's sporting some wood!


Is he checking to make sure its still there?


From the look on his face I'd guess he's got a cramp.


Who knew fisting was an Olympic sport? My, how times change!


Looks like both of these guys have their hands on their balls.


I'm not sure what's going on here, but I'd like to find out.

My friend Ron sent me this funny photo of Olympic gold medalist and world record breaker Michael Phelps. This cracked me up!
But I have to tell you, I am not happy at all with those new 'shark suits'. In addition to the fact that they allow the wearer to swim faster than swimmers in traditional Speedos (making Phelps record breaking a little less exciting), they just cover too much. I like my swimmers in Speedos so that they are truly breaking records without the help of technologically advanced suits, and so I can better appreciate their bodies. There - I said it.

And speaking of appreciation, how about the look on these two Olympic athletes' faces? It seems they 'appreciate' each others achievements!
On the left is German gymnast Fabien Hambuechen and on the right is American gymnast Jonathan Horton. Doesn't it look as if they are about to share a really passionate kiss? This is not a doctored photo! They won bronze and silver medals, respectively, but in my mind they won each others hearts.



Okay, enough silliness.

As you were.





Crush du Jour: Alexandre Despatie


3 comments:

Mistress Maddie said...

So glad you had a good time last night with Miss Coco.And the pictures your friend sent you are funny.The wrestler with the red singlet on,wow.I woulg love to wrestle with it,I mean,him!!

Jeff said...

The Asian guy in pic No. 3? Not a cramp. (Who get a cramp in their penis!? ;-)

He's got a pubic hair caught in his foreskin. (I know the look - and the feeling!)

Joie Mayfield said...

That picture of Fabien and Jonathan... that will give me some sweet dreams later. lol.

I've added your blog to my links! It's a great blog.

OH! I LOVE Coco Peru!!