Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Years Eve

Kerry & Hugh invited us to their house for a NYE party in their new great room addition. The party was very warm and casual, with about 15 people.

Of course there was lots to eat; several people brought food in addition to what Kerry & Hugh had provided. The dining room table was covered! I brought a crockpot of meatballs in my 'secret' beer barbecue sauce.

We talked and laughed and ate and mingled until somebody suggested we start the karoke. Kelly brought her karoke machine and CDs. Kelly & I started off with the duet "I Got You Babe", only she sang Sonny's part and I sang Cher's part. It was a blast!

Shortly before midnight we turned on the TV for the countdown. I brought my bag of vintage tin noise makers and passed them out to everyone. At midnight we all shook and twisted our noise makers and shouted "Happy New Year!" and then had a festive champagne toast.

This NYE was SO much fun than last year's, since last year Joe & I basically did nothing except watch the ball drop in Times Square and then go to bed. NYE parties are SO much better than staying home!

Drag Queen name of the day: Deb O'Nare

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like what we did here in East Bufu...The Queen and I had a few friends over and we played games and drank until 5 AM - it's the first time that we've done anything on New Years in a long time, and it was nice to see so many come for it.