Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend recap

As usual, I worked on Sat.  That evening for dinner Spouse & I went to a new place called the Crab House with Steven & Thad and Joe P.  I had a combo dinner of fried shrimp and fried chicken.  Very tasty but not so good for my figure.  

Afterward we went over to Joe P's house to watch a movie that had been recommended to him called Cloudburst.  I recognized the title as having been a part of the Rehoboth Beach Indedpendent Film Festival last year, but it was sold out before I could get a ticket.  It is the sweet and funny story of a senior citizen female couple who struggles to remain together when one of the woman's granddaughter steps in to try to "help" her blind grandmother.  The women pick up a male hitchhiker on their way to Canada which adds another level of humor and drama to their trip.  
Olympia Dukakis plays the fiesty, foul-mouthed older woman who cares for her blind spouse.  The film takes place in Maine and Nova Scotia so the beautiful scenery is like another character in the film.  Click here for film details and a trailer.

Sun morning the 5 of us met for breakfast at Crystal restaurant, one of my favorite Sun activities.  Spouse & I just relaxed the rest of the day with Marvin & Walter, watching TV, playing, and going for walks.  We met Steven & Thad a the Ocean Diner for an easy Sun dinner.

3 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

please give my regards to all the DE boyz!

Biki Honko said...

I'm going to see if its available to rent, looks great. Have you seen the movie Pride? About coal miners and gays and lesbians coming to their aid in the UK? Great film.

Biki Honko said...

Here's the link to the post I wrote about Pride. It has a trailer attached.

http://unscheduledscenicroutes.blogspot.com/2014/10/l-g-s-m.html