Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Vacation redux - part 6

Sat morning the 4 of us packed up our bags, tidied up the house, and said goodbye to our jungle home with the stunning views.  We drove into PV and went for a walk on the Malecon, and then had lunch before saying goodbye to the Newlyweds.  They dropped us off at Blue Chairs where we checked into our room and then they dropped the rental car off and rode the shuttle to the airport.  Spouse & I weren't leaving until the next day so we had the rest of the day to enjoy.

We went down to the beach where we saw Joe & Daryl and their friends from Canada, Henry & Lawrence.  They invited us to sit with them so we did.  Spouse & I chatted with them and went for a walk on the beach and just enjoyed the lovely, pleasant weather.  When we tried to go back to our room we found the key didn't work.  The front desk searched through their boxes of 'extra keys' until they found 1 with our room # on it, but that 1 didn't work either.  Next they tried calling the housekeeping staff to see if their master key would work but apparently weren't able to reach anyone, since housekeeping was done for the day.  Finally they had hotel security come and jimmy the door open with a screwdriver.  Fortunately the alternate key on the dresser inside our room worked the lock.  But then we discovered there was no hot water in the bathroom, and that the water pressure was so low that the shower simply trickled water.  We called down to the front desk to report it but were told the government was working on the water and that there was nothing they could do.  We also found that the ceiling fan and the TV remote didn't work either.  We both agreed that it was a good thing we were only staying there 1 night or we'd be extremely disappointed!

I decided to go for a massage again while Spouse connected to the hotel's wifi and played around on his tablet.  I had a different masseuse this time but it was still very relaxing and enjoyable.  I returned to the room for a 'shower' (if you could call it that), and then Spouse & I walked over to Garbo's to meet Joe & Daryl and Henry & Lawrence for cocktails at 8pm.  
Then the 6 of walked down the block to have dinner at Coco's Kitchen.  We had a wonderful dinner in their dining garden and I couldn't believe how quickly the time passed.  
The conversation was fun, the food was wonderful, and our waiter was extremely cute and attentive.  It was a fabulous evening.  But at 11:30 we declined to join the others for another drink at Garbo, since we had to get up at 5am the next morning.  So we walked back to our room and went to bed with the sliding door open, feeling the light breeze and hearing the waves crash on the beach. 

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

the restaurant dining garden look lovely; reminds me of "the court of two sisters" in new orleans.

the one-night-stand hotel, however...UGH!