Monday, March 11, 2013


I mentioned in my vacation posts that on Thurs we stopped at the WalMart to pick up some sinus decongestant.  I was starting to feel sinus pressure and congestion.  I took the medication for the next several days but I think it only slightly delayed the inevitable.  I was about to get sick.

The flight home was only tolerable because I felt like dozing and relaxing the entire day.  But I felt horrible and wound up going through an entire pocket-size package of tissues on the planes.

I went to work on Mon and plowed through the many emails and pretty much got back up to speed at work, despite feeling like crap.  But Mon night I developed chills and body aches.  I had on flannel pajama pants, thermal shirt, and socks but just couldn't get warm.  I wrapped up in a fleece throw and watched TV with tissues in hand.  
I could tell I would not be able to make it into work the next day so I texted my team members to let them know I was staying home sick.

I went to bed at 10pm Mon night and didn't get up until 10:30am the next day.  I had a small bowl of oatmeal and a cup of coffee, then collapsed on the couch in exhaustion.  I felt so tired, as if I hadn't just slept for 13 hours.  I continued taking my sinus meds and blowing my nose, but didn't leave the sofa the rest of the day.  

Wed was a repeat of Tues.

Thurs is typically my day off, but having been home sick Tues & Wed I decided to go into work.  It was tough but I made it through the day.  Fri, Sat, and Sun I continued having sinus congestion, but the chills and body aches were gone, so I decided to go to the doctor on Mon.

After talking about my symptoms and having a physical exam, my doctor told me I had the flu on Tues & Wed, and simultaneously had an upper respiratory infection.  He prescribed an antibiotic for 5 days.

Although I'm not back to normal yet, I'm feeling a lot better now and my symptoms are beginning to subside.  Its been over 2 weeks and I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.


anne marie in philly said...

OH MY! did you get a flu shot before this? poor baby! get well soon, the spo-a-rama is fast approaching!

Ur-spo said...

no fun that. :-(

Breenlantern said...

Hope you're continuing to feel better. You have a week to get back to tip top shape!

Knoxxy said...

Hope you feel better soon.