Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Bread

The other day I was in the Dollar Tree store to pick up some chip clips.  

As I made my way to the register I saw a woman pushing a shopping cart full of loaves of bread.  As she unloaded the contents of the cart onto the conveyor belt, it appeared she had 35-40 loaves of bread!

I tried to imagine why she would need/buy so many loaves of bread at one time.  Was she making sandwiches for an entire Little League team?  Was she making French Toast for a breakfast fundraiser?  I kept coming up with more and more options.

Apparently this abundance of bread was too much for the cashier to fathom.  She just had to know what was going on, so she asked the customer "Are you going to freeze most of this?"  

The shopper smiled and said "No, this will all be eaten in a couple of days."  The cashier replied "Really?  You must have a houseful!", to which the customer replied "No, its for a hotel."

No comments: