Thursday, March 29, 2012

Time flies

Tonight we had dinner plans with our favorite foodies Deb & Greer and Bob & Michael at 6:30.  Earlier in the day though I agreed to meet up with a client after hours (which is very rare) so they could sign the offer I'd written for them.  Since our dinner plans were at 6:30 I scheduled the client meeting for 8:30 at my office.  No problem.

We met up with our friends and enjoyed lively conversation and tasty food and drink.  With my appointment in mind I glanced at my phone to check the time.  7:35, no worries - back to eating, drinking, talking, and laughing.

With our entrees complete we toyed with the idea of sharing some deserts and coffee.  The selections were too tempting to pass up so we ordered 3 deserts and 6 forks.  As we discussed the merits of each desert we tasted, our conversations volleyed between food and local happenings.

Then I thought I'd better check the time again to see if I needed prepare to leave.  8:40 - WHAT?!?!
I looked at Spouse and said "We gotta go.  Now."

"What's the matter?" he asked.  "I was supposed to meet my client 10 minutes ago.  I've got to drive you home, grab my computer, and meet him at my office."

"Oh..." was his simple response.  I simply explained to our dining companions that I'd lost track of time and was very late as we ran out the door.  Spouse agreed to drive us home so I could call my client on the way.  

Fortunately he is a very laid back type of person and didn't seem to be upset by my being 1/2 hour late.  I explained that I'd lost track of the time and apologized profusely.  He said he understood and that it wasn't a big deal.  He signed the offer and I'll present it tomorrow.

No comments: