Saturday, July 17, 2010

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.

Today the electrician and carpenter put the finishing touches on the newly expanded screened porch. Both ceiling fans were installed as was some decorative trim that was left over from the wrap around porch that was removed last year to make way for the garage. It looks great and we are very happy with the finished product.

Sometimes while watching a 'primary' TV show I like to flip to a 'secondary' show during the primary show's commercial breaks. I hate it when the secondary show's commercial breaks are timed with the primary show's breaks. When that happens its commercials on both channels at the same time. Urrrggg...

We struck a deal with our 1st choice of contractors to do the condo renovation. I emailed him the finalized list of materials and finishes we selected, and the work will start on Mon. He says his team will be finished in 5 days. For some reason, I believe him.

Spouse started Weight Watchers 2 weeks ago and is doing VERY well. His 1st week he lost 13 lbs. His 2nd week he lost 2 lbs. despite being off work and with his family. He allowed himself some treats and is really trying to make a serious go of it. I'm really proud of his commitment and hope he sticks with it. I'm not going to the meetings with him or counting points, but I am eating the same dinners he eats and am trying to reduce my portions in general.

I'm looking forward to having nothing specific planned for this weekend. After having company 2 weekends in a row (which included Spouse's family staying with us for a full week), it will be nice to have some time to relax, put things back where they belong, and go to the beach. We're meeting our friends Doug & Jim for dinner on Sat so that should be fun, too.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Crush du Jour: Julian Bugier








No comments: