Wednesday, July 10, 2019

You

As I read through this I knew it was something I wanted to share.  Even the most confident people sometimes doubt themselves.  Sometimes wisdom tells us one thing but self doubt tells us another.

But after reading it a few more times, the thing I choose to highlight is the phrase
"the openness that grows friendship"
I believe that I wouldn't have nearly the quantity nor quality of friends if I weren't an open person.  I don't take myself too seriously, I share in (mostly) appropriate levels, and I let people in.  This is how friendship has a chance to grow.  If you are closed, keep to yourself, and don't let people get close to you you'll likely have a hard time making meaningful friendships.
I don't mean to sound like I'm bragging!  But I believe openness can be hard for some people who consider themselves private or for those who've been hurt in past by being vulnerable.  But I believe being open and vulnerable are absolutely essential to making quality friends.

No comments: