Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Hot!!

OK, I know its July which is usually considered the middle of the summer and when we should expect hot weather.  But I was not prepared for THIS:
This is not one of those situations where my car was sitting on hot black pavement, causing the temperature to read artificially high.  Just the opposite!  My car was sitting on my concrete driveway. And as I drove past a bank with a digital thermometer display, it also read 100 degrees.

Living so close to the ocean our temperature here is moderated by the ocean water temperature.  Inland just a few miles it may be as much as 10 degrees hotter in the summer and 10 degrees cooler in the winter.

I won't even begin to talk about how hot it FELT due to the high humidity.

Let's hope this heatwave doesn't last!

No comments: