Monday, March 13, 2017

Surgical follow-up

Today I went for my surgical follow-up.

The surgical assistant looked at me and said "Well, you certainly look like you're feeling better!  The last 2 times we saw you you were wearing sweat pants and you looked like you weren't feeling well at all.  Today you're wearing regular clothes and you look great!"

Indeed, the last 2 times I was there Spouse had to drive me, laying on my side across the back seat of my car, since I couldn't sit.  But today I drove myself, sitting on a memory foam pillow, and went to work after the appointment.

The surgeon's exam was quick.  He was very pleased with my progress and the condition of the "wound".  Then came what I'd been waiting to hear:  "You don't need to have the wound packed and unpacked anymore.  Just use gauze to catch the drainage."  
HOORAY!!!
Since the wound is not closed yet, it still drains so I wear absorbent pads in my underwear to catch it.  The pads are easy to change myself, unlike the packing/unpacking which I could not do myself.  Now I can shower whenever I want.  When I was being packed I would have to shower when Spouse was home so he could unpack me before the shower, then pack me afterward.  This definitely gives me more freedom and flexibility.

No more doctor or surgical follow-ups required.  I'm almost good as new.

2 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

YAYZ! good vibrations being sent your way for quick healing!

Biki Honko said...

YIPPEEEEEEE!!! So glad that you came thru this in apple pie order.