Friday, June 03, 2016

Legends resumes

Last Sat (Memorial Day weekend) the Legends shows resumed.  In case you're new around here, I perform in a celebrity impersonation show called Legends.  Its live singing and dancing with costumes, back-up dancers, the whole 9 yards.  This will be my 6th season doing these shows.

In past years I've performed as Neil Diamond, Elton John, and Neil Sedaka.  But this year I'm getting a new Legend to impersonate!  Here's a clue:
YES - its Boy George!!

Tomorrow night is my debut of this Legend and I'm super excited!!  The songs are great and I think the audience will really respond.  Here's my set:
  1. I'll Tumble 4 Ya
  2. Do You Really Want To Hurt Me?
  3. Miss Me Blind
  4. Karma Chameleon
Although I put on simple make-up to be Boy George for Halloween a couple years ago, I have no experience with doing real make-up for stage lighting.  So one of the drag queens will be 'painting' me.  I'll take a couple selfies in the dressing room, and hopefully some friends who see the show will post photos I can swipe off of facebook.

I can't wait!!

3 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

WOW! I hope someone gets some video of your new performance! break a leg (not literally)!

Anonymous said...

my idol! (after M.)

hope we get to see/hear some of it!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope it all went great! (I'm sure you were awesome). Can't wait to see your pictures.

Best,
Calvin