Thursday, December 22, 2011

Holiday happenings

Last week Spouse & I were commenting that it seemed as though fewer of our friends were having holiday parties this year. Then all the sudden, the invitations all came in at once.

On Mon I decorated and bagged Christmas cookies along with the owners, staff, and my fellow entertainers at the Blue Moon. We prepared approximately 400 bags (of 4 large cookies each) to be donated to the Jusst Sooup Ministry, which was featured on Extreme Makeover: Home Edition in Nov. Then later that night I went back to the Blue Moon for their staff and entertainers Christmas party and Chinese gift exchange. There served 7 different types of lasagna, salad, bread, and had an open bar. In the gift exchange I came home with a trio of savory dips. We had a really great time.

Tues night was my office Christmas party and secret Santa gift exchange. We decided to have it at my favorite happy hour location: Saketumi. We all had cocktails or wine and sushi and then exchanged gifts. Spouse and Christy's husband Ted came after the gift exchange and we all talked and laughed and had a fun time. I received a gift certificate and peanut butter fudge from my secret Santa, and a cashmere scarf from my boss.

Last night we went to a Christmas party at our friends Bill & Dean's house. They always go 'all out' with their Christmas decorating, but not in a tacky way. Their decorations are very tasteful and elegant and there's a lot of them. They had a full house of friends and family for their party and we ran into several friends we hadn't seen in a while. We had a very nice time.

Next week we're going to Tim & Randy's post-Christmas party on Wed night. I really enjoyed going to their party last year and am happy that Spouse has agreed to go with me next week. I really enjoy holiday parties, but I am going to have to go on a diet after the new year to make up for all my indulging.

No comments: