Friday, October 08, 2010

Friday fragments

Welcome to Friday fragments, my weekly recap of topics too big to forget, yet too small to be their own post.


After last week's .5 lb weight gain, Spouse was back to following Weight Watchers with a vengeance and lost 7.5 lbs this week! In 14 weeks he's now lost a total of 57 lbs. As you can imagine, many of his clothes are just too big now. Fortunately he had some smaller size clothes that he is now able to fit into again. But to treat himself for doing so well he went on a little shopping trip this week and got 5 new shirts and 3 new pairs of pants in his current size.


My friend Jared sent me this:
with the subject line: "You don't have to be Jewish to enjoy a tasty bagel".

My friend Lisa in NY posted this piece about fall decorating with gourds on Facebook and I found it to be hilarious!! Enjoy. (Note: contains profanity.)

Jared also sent me this in reference to that wacky conservative DE senate candidate who is against everything, including masturbation:
We are spending this coming weekend in Philadelphia. Steven & Thad, the Bobs, and Spouse & I are meeting up with Bugs & Roger, Thad's sister Robin, and Thad's friend Alan and going to the
Barnes Foundation to view the magnificent art collection and gardens. We also plan to attend a brunch for fellow passengers on our Nov cruise and attend the Outfest street fair. Should be a fun weekend!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!

Crush du Jour: Derrek Diamond

7 comments:

behrmark said...

Congratulations to Spouse on his phenomenal weight loss! Let's see pics!!

anne marie in philly said...

enjoy my phillies-crayzee hometown!

John Going Gently said...

jareed should write a book!

cb said...

A hearty congrats the the hubby for losing the weight! That's awesome!

And me likey Derrek. a LOT.

Cubby said...

Pics, Mark. Pics!

BosGuy said...

I love the picture of your friend Jared. I think I've been to the same bakery in Paris. I posted photos of my trip this past spring and called them "naughty breads"... boy they are tastey though.

Dean said...

Derrek Diamond is so pretty��