Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Work out and Zack

Work out update: session 6
I had my work out last evening, and it went very well. I could definitely feel that Rick was turning up the weight on me though. I struggled with the last few reps on some of the sets, and even heard myself grunting like a big, butch, bodybuilder. (Sounds can be deceiving.)

As I do the reps Rick counts out loud. I decided that since he had upped the weights, I would try to trick him into thinking I'd done more reps by counting with him using higher numbers. It went something like this:
Rick: "five... six... seven..."
Mark: "thirteen... fourteen..."
It didn't work. Apparently I am not the 1st person to think of this strategy!

Fortunately, I was able to make it all the way through the work out with no blood pressure problems. That's 2 weeks in a row now. I'm not sure if its because I followed his advice yesterday and ate some trail mix 1/2 way through the work out, if the absence of squats these last 2 sessions has anything to do with it, or if my body has acclimated itself to the work out. And truthfully, I can live without knowing, just as long as I'm able to keep working out without a recurrence.

Rick & Nick got an 11-week old Sheltie puppy named Zack who was in the gym during my work out. When I lied down on the floor for my 'elbows-and-knees' and such, Zack started licking the perspiration off my legs. I thought it was kind of cute. When I took a break between sets, Zack climbed up onto my stomach and sat down. I scratched his head and back of his neck gently and he rested his chin on my chest. It was the cutest thing! He jumped off when I started my next set, and then began sniffing my shorts. He put his nose up the leg of my shorts and started licking my upper thigh, which tickled and aroused me at the same time. I wiggled my hips a little to get him out of my shorts, but he ran around to my other leg and stuck his nose up the other leg of my shorts. I laughed and told Rick "Your dog is gay. He's a male, and he keeps sticking his nose up my shorts!" We laughed and Rick scooped Zack up into his arms so I could finish my set.

Drag Queen name of the day: Anna Rexia

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! You are working out now????

I am proud of you, keep it up!

Clarkles