Monday, October 22, 2007

Jordan

Jordan had another difficult night last night, and this morning we discovered she'd been biting a place near her tail to the point that it was very irritated and there was some blood.

So this morning Spouse called in sick, made an appointment at the vet, and took Jordan to get checked out. Turns out the poor girl has an infection and a rash, from an unknown source. They shaved the area she'd been biting and licking, exposing a very irritated, pink, swollen spot. The vet gave her a steroid shot, prescribed antibiotics, and gave Spouse some medicated powder to apply to the area when needed.

Jordan is obviously not feeling well. Her energy level is much lower than usual, but at least she's not scratching at herself like before. Hopefully the antibiotics will clear up the infection and she'll return to her normal self again.

When Spouse returned from the vet it was lunchtime. Again, the weather is absolutely unbelievable: sunny and 81 degrees, so we decided to put the top down on the convertible and 'treat' ourselves to lunch at our favorite lunch spot: Cafe Sole. We've been eating there for about 7-8 years, and almost always get the same thing. Spouse loves the Turkey Stuffer, which is basically Thanksgiving dinner on a roll. I am enamored by the Fried Oyster BLT with melted brie. Its heaven on a plate!

It is so gorgeous outside I was quite tempted to play hookie the rest of the afternoon. But I knew I had a conference call at 2:00 and figured I might was well finish out the day. So Spouse is taking a nap and I am back to work now.

I have my work out this evening at 5:00.

Drag Queen name of the day: Sheila Gree

1 comment:

tornwordo said...

I hope Jordan gets better swiftly. I hate that powerless feeling when you have a sick pet.

Oysters and brie? Gross.