Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Sinusitis

I have sinusitis. Yuck. My sinuses are congested, I have sinus pressure, and the post nasal drip is giving me a sore throat. I'm taking some over-the-counter medication that is helping a bit, but I feel kind of lethargic. Of course, part of that could be that I didn't sleep well last night, due to the loud and irritating snoring of a person who will remain unnamed in my blog. ;-)

I have had sinus problems off and on since I was a teen ager. I remember a point in my 20s where I would have to go to the doctor every 3-4 months due to acute sinusitis. Over-the-counter meds just wouldn't do it. In addition to my current symptoms, I would often have a terrible cough, not be able to sleep at night, and would loose my voice. Fortunately I "grew out" of that and my episodes of sinusitis now occur less frequently and with less severity. Thank god some things like wine, cheese, and sinusitis improve with age.

So on my way home from work tonight I stopped by the drug store and picked up some echinacea, orange & spice throat lozenges and some ear plugs. (I had picked up the decongestant yesterday.) Wish me luck...

No comments: