Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Not much excitement to report

I have considered posting a few times in the last few days, but I just didn't have much worth reporting. Go figure... just when I decide to write a blog to entertain everyone with my exciting life, it all falls to hell in a handbasket.

This past weekend we went to the beach house again. We had an early morning cable TV appointment at the house and a late morning plumber appointment at the trailer. Long story short, the entire day was tied up with those two appointments. Fortunately both issues were resolved.

I didn't feel well most of the weekend. Still having trouble with my sinuses. It rained most of the day Saturday, and was gray and overcast (is that redundant?) on Sunday. We came home early so we could un-decorate our tree and house from Christmas. (Yes, I realize we're talking Jan 9th here, but I have a lot of making up to do, since I didn't start celebrating Christmas until I was 30.) By Sunday evening I just felt like crap so I wrapped up in a chenille throw and watch uninteresting TV all night.

Tonight I am going out to dinner with my colleague (and friend) Ben. Ben works out of his home office in Oregon. He used to be a contractor, but was hired as a permanent employee last Jan. Every other month Ben comes to our office for a week, to talk and work through system issues and enhancements. Last time Ben was here I barely saw him because I was so busy that I was practically glued to my desk chair. So we decided that on his next visit he & I would have dinner. So, tonight I am taking Ben to the Lebanese Taverna, a wonderful Lebanese restaurant I'm sure he'll enjoy. He likes all kinds of ethnic foods, and LT is a quality place.

I'm getting excited about our upcoming trip to Killington, VT to go skiing. Joe & I leave on Sat and return on Tue. Kerry, Hugh, George, and some others are arriving and departing on various dates. It should be a lot of fun. I haven't been skiing in about 10 years. I used to go skiing a lot with various JW friends, but when that life ended, my new life didn't seem to include any skiers until recently.

I used to have a fabulous, color-coordinated ski ensemble back in the day. But I'm afraid that was too many years and pounds ago, so when I dig my bag of ski stuff out from the basement, I fully expect to only fit into my ski gloves and hat. Sigh...

By the way, we've modified our current diet - I mean- eating routine. Apparently Mike's prayer was only partially heard or granted, but thanks for the effort Mike!

More later, as exciting events unfold.

No comments: