Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Fat lip

Okay, this is kinda weird. Yesterday I woke up with a huge, fat upper lip. I don't mean a somewhat swollen lip. I'm talkin' a great big fat Angelina Jolie lip! I also had a fairly large red bump on my shoulder that looked like a single hive. I figure I must have had an allergic reaction to something. I tried to think of what I'd eaten or put on my face recently but came up with nothing unusual.

As I was showering I could feel my upper lip getting even bigger. By the time I got out of the shower and looked at my face in the mirror, I looked like Amanda Lapore, only without the red lipstick!

Then I remembered taking 3 acetaminophen tablets (generic Tylenol) just before going to bed the night before. I've taken them on occasion for years and haven't had any reaction, but its the only thing I can come up with that seems logical. So I guess I'll be switching to Ibuprofen when I've got a headache or my muscles are sore.

The fat lip lasted all day long. I went to my work out last night and the 1st thing my trainer Rick said was "What happened to your lip? Did Spouse punch you in the mouth?" It finally began to reduce in size during my work out, and I thought for sure my lip would be back to normal this morning, but it wasn't. Its now been 38 hours since I woke up with the fat lip and its not quite back to its normal size.

Crush du Jour: Oliver Hudson

2 comments:

Doug said...

Wow, that's weird. The single bump on your shoulder... could it have been a bug bite?

Sounds like poor Jack on "Project Runway" a couple weeks ago. Did you see his lip? It was sad.

Love your photos on this post!

Doug

Doug said...

Oh, forgot to mention...

while I miss the drag queen name of the day, I LOVE the crush of the day!

xoxo