Tuesday, January 01, 2008

About this blog

I am a person that's all about dates (birthdays, anniversaries, etc.) so it is really surprising to me that I completely missed this blog's very own blogiversary. That's right boys and girls, last Fri Dec 28th was this blog's 3rd year blogiversary! For your information, the traditional 3rd year gift is leather, while the modern 3rd year gift is glass/crystal. http://www.findgift.com/Anniversary-Table/

I simply can't express how much I have enjoyed the "Drag Queen name of the day" feature of my blog. I've collected drag queen names for over 10 years. Some came from my head, some from unsuspecting co-workers, some from movies, and some from websites. I thought the "Drag Queen name of the day" blog feature was a great way to share the best of them with everyone, so the last 244 blog entries have contained drag queen names. Some of which have made me laugh out loud, like Blanche Dividian!

Unfortunately it doesn't appear that anyone else has been enjoying them nearly as much as I have. I can't recall anyone leaving a comment about any of the drag queen names, even the funniest ones. Different strokes for different folks perhaps?

So although it saddens me, it obviously will not sadden you readers to know that I have exhausted my list of drag queen names, and the "Drag Queen name of the day" blog feature is being discontinued. Today's will be the last one. Kind of funny that it happened right now, at the start of a new year.

I've considered a new blog feature called "Crush du Jour", where I would post a photo of some hot/sexy/handsome guy that I would have a crush on for the day. But then I've wondered if that would make this blog too much like many of the other blogs I read that contain photos of hot guys all the time. I'm just not sure what to do. But I do feel like I'd really like to have some kind of "feature", so if anyone has a suggestion, please feel free to leave it in the comments.

So (insert drum roll) here is the very last Drag Queen name of the day: Nicole Odion

7 comments:

RAD said...

Happy Anniversay!!! xo

Anonymous said...

Oh, now I feel bad! I come here every day, lurkingly, and laugh at your drag queen names! Now, all because I didn't make myself (and my sense of humor) known, it's all going away.
For the record, I am one reader who loves the drag queen names.

Gregory said...

I've always laughed at your drag names. I always notice them. But do what you must.

Happy Blogiversary!

Picture of hot boys are not a problem, but they do not subtitute for content. There are blogs that I read, and there are blogs that I look at. I'm just saying. And I like the blogs I *read* much more.

S.B. said...

Happy Bloggiversary!

Java said...

I second what Catty Bitch said. I love the drag queen names, and I share the best ones with my husband, who also really enjoys them. And as for hot pics, they are nice, but it is the content of the blog that brings me back. And you have great content!

Mark in DE said...

Catrina - Thanks for de-lurking and sharin' some love! In reality, I've pretty much exhausted my list of drag queen names, which was the biggest factor in discontinuing this feature.

Catty Bitch - Thanks for the drag queen name props! I appreciate the comment regarding content vs. photos.

Billy - Thanks!

Java - So noted, and thank you for your support.

Mark :-)

Bugsy said...

Happy Blogiversary! I wonder what leather items a blog would want? Hmmm...