Monday, February 05, 2018

He told me so

Spouse has a new kitchen gadget:
This is a countertop convection oven that came with 2 racks, 2 cookie sheets, a roasting pan, and a cookbook.  And the most important feature according to Spouse is that it will accommodate a 9" X 13" baking dish, something most countertop ovens can't do.

But the real reason for sharing this is to come full circle with what happened back in early December when our regular kitchen oven wouldn't heat up the day before our tree trimming party.

You see, Spouse had seen this very oven on a shopping TV channel in November and wanted it right then.  I vetoed the purchase, telling him it was an unnecessary duplication of what we already have.  He argued that it would be a nice back up, just in case.  I rolled my eyes and said "If the our regular oven stops working, we'll just call a repairman and get it fixed."

So, of course, when the regular oven broke right when we needed it the most, as we were preparing food for 20+ people, Spouse did NOT overlook the opportunity to say "I told you so".

So then, a couple weeks ago when this oven was being featured again on the shopping TV channel, before Spouse could open his mouth I told him "Order the damn oven already!"

It arrived while I was home and he was not, so I removed it from the box and set it up on the counter for him to 'discover' when he got home.  He was unusually excited about it which gave me a kick.

1 comment:

anne marie in philly said...

oooooh, that looks FABULOUS! hope spouse has lots of fun with it!