Friday, September 02, 2016

Haircut

In past photos here you may have noticed my haircut.  Its called a disconnected undercut.  Awhile back I wrote about how I expected it to look once the top grew out several inches, and shared photos of celebrities and other hot guys with this haircut.
This is me at a work training
Unfortunately, despite my patience in letting the top of my hair grow, I could never get the look I wanted.  I determined that my hair is too wavy, and although I was able to tame the waves with lots and lots of heavy hair products, it was difficult to keep it that way.  Summer humidity was constantly trying to coax the waves back, and you don't even WANT to know what I looked like after riding in the convertible with the top down.

Occasionally I would pull my hair into what I called a "Samurai knot", and while I felt cool like a hipster, it didn't seem quite right for work.
Samurai knot
My outspoken friend Thad recognized that my disconnected undercut and Samurai knot were hip and contemporary, but said they belonged on someone half my age.  

Gulp.

But that's not the reason I cut my hair.  I cut it because I was spending way too much time and energy on my hair style.

So my new style is similar to a pompadour; close on the sides and back, longer on the top.

So this is me now.  Who knows how long I'll keep this look, but for sure its easier to take care of and more 'forgiving' than before.

2 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

ooooooooooooooh, I'mma digging the new look! you now look 40; congrats!

Biki Honko said...

I love the new look! You do have fantastic wavy hair, color me green with jealously.