Monday, June 01, 2015

Visitors, part 2

On Thurs Tornwordo & Serge and I went to Crystal for breakfast, and they got to meet our favorite breakfast server Pau Pau.  Serge agreed to try scrapple for the 1st time and said he liked it.  Scrapple seems to be 1 of those food items you either love or hate.

After breakfast we went for a nice long walk on the boardwalk.  The weather was really nice, as opposed to last year's visit when we had to abort our walk due to the wind and chilly temperature.  Then we ducked into a few beach shops in search of souvenir T-shirts, and Tornwordo got an ice cream cone.  Check out these crazy flavors:

Afterward we did a little 'exploring' near the beach and talked about real estate prices and vacation rental prices, then headed back home.  Again we sat out on the porch with the dogs for a while and talked and looked at facebook.

I organized a small happy hour so Tornwordo & Serge could meet some of our friends.  We met up with Steven, Joe P, Joey, and Spouse (a little later) at Saketumi where we ordered cocktails and various sushi rolls to share.  We had a great time and were there for 3 hours!
Afterward we returned to the screened porch for a final cocktail and lots of good conversations.

The next day my friends from the North packed up their stuff and left after a bit of coffee.  They headed to NJ and I went to work.

We had a great visit and I feel honored to have been included again on their road trip.  Now Spouse & I must come up with a plan to visit Montreal!

3 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

scrapple - HATE IT! my philly card should be revoked just for saying that!

I'd like to try some of those ice cream flavors...

and look at all the cute boyz! :)

Ur-spo said...

What a handsome sleuth !

Biki Honko said...

I've tried scrapple, when I was a wee sprout, and really liked it. Haven't had it in decades so who knows if I'd still like it!

How on earth could you choose a flavor of ice cream? I'd still be standing there trying to decide.

Oh! Do I hear the clicking of suitcase wheels on your sidewalk heralding a road trip north?