Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wrapping for charity

Last week I wrote about our realtor association's shopping for a needy family for Christmas.  Yesterday I met up with a bunch of realtors to wrap all the gifts and clothes purchased on that shopping day. 

A local restaurant that is closed for the season donated the space so we could work on the dining tables, and even played Christmas music for us while we wrapped. 

I worked with my friend Joey again, and we wrapped gifts for 3 hours.  It was a lot of fun and it really makes me feel that I'm doing something good for those less fortunate.

You can check with your local social services to adopt a needy family in your area if you want to experience the same joy!

5 comments:

Bob said...

You did a good thing, and had fun doing it.
That's a win-win in my book!

anne marie in philly said...

that's really nice of the restaurant to donate the space!

hope your family enjoys their gifts!

Anonymous said...

What a generous guy you are. (Happy Birthday! - I'm late, but better late than not at all.). How's little Walter doing?

Calvin

Biki Honko said...

I love, love, love wrapping gifts. What a wonderful restaurant owner to help out in that way.

Ur-spo said...

lovely