Monday, July 14, 2014

Whirlwind weekend

OMG, what a weekend!

Kerry & Hugh and Ana, Javier, Alison, Gabe, and Antonio arrived Fri night at 11:45.  We snacked and talked and finally went to bed at 1am.

Sat morning I went to work and our 7 friends had breakfast and headed to the beach.  In the late afternoon, Lois & Christy, Harriet & Bob, Emily, Brandon, and Dan arrived.  (Yes, that makes 14 visitors!)  Once the beachgoers returned and showered, we discussed dinner.  There is no place in the area that could seat all 16 of us at 7pm, so we decided to order pizzas, subs, and salads.  They were delivered amazingly quickly, and since the weather was gorgeous, we all ate together on the screened porch.

I left ahead of the others since I needed to be at the Blue Moon early, but the rest of the group followed a little later to see me perform as Elton John in the LEGENDS show.
Singing the 1st number:  Your Song

With back-up dancers during Crocodile Rock
The show went really great and my friends had a great time.  When we returned to the house, we had drinks and talked on the screened porch until nearly 1am.

Sun morning we had bagels and coffee and visited on the screened porch until the crew had to pack up their things.  They all left by 10:30am.  It was a whirlwind visit!

Spouse & I packed a lunch and headed to the beach.  The weather was hot, but it was beautiful at the beach.  We sat with our friends Tim, Kevin, and David and talked and relaxed well into the afternoon.  After returning home and showering, we had dinner at Saketumi and then watched "True Blood" and "The Leftovers".

2 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

you make a damn fine sir elton, mark! but uff-dah, 14 guests; I am exhausted just thinking about that!

Biki Honko said...

Wow! When I first glanced at the photos I thought it was Elton! And I got jealous! You'd seen Elton in person? And got that close???? GRRR! But then I read the post and discovered that was YOU! You look amazing!